8 Iconic Lines from Classic Pinoy Films That Became Memes
By Tynne De Leon
There’s always that movie line that best captures our emotions at the moment—either we laugh, cringe, or just cry inside. It’s amazing how these lines have that power over us, no wonder we share a lot of them on social media and they become conversation starters. That seems true to a lot of local movies! Below are some of our favorite movie lines that felt so relatable, we share them a lot on social media and went on to became classic memes:
8. Oh yes, kaibigan mo ako. Kaibigan mo lang ako.” – Jolina Magdangal (Labs Kita, Okey Ka Lang?)
Shoutout to our brothers who are still in the friend zone, we got you fam.
7. “Pangit ba ‘ko? Kapalit-palit ba ‘ko?” – Liza Soberano (My Exs and Whys)
Who else feel #attackedt after hearing Liza say this?
6. “Pero bakit parang kasalanan ko?” – Bea Alonzo (Four Sisters and a Wedding)
Four Sisters and a Wedding is overflowing with relatable quotes and situations, it’s no wonder that the film is an actual meme-fest. Take this quote from Bea Alonzo.
5. “Wala naman magbibilang kung ilang beses kang nagpakatanga, ‘di ba?” – Jennilyn Mercado (English Only, Please)
For the times when you need to console yourself after all the mistakes you’ve done.
4. “Ipalilibing kita.” – Lorna Tolentino (Nagbabagang Luha)
We bet you can’t think of a local movie line that is more savage than this.
3. “I deserve an explanation! I need an acceptable reason!” – Piolo Pascual (Starting Over Again)
This applies to everyone who feels taken for granted, or even when you just can’t understand what’s going on.
2. “Ako na lang. Ako na lang ulit.”- Bea Alonzo (One More Chance)
It’s hard to just choose one quote from this truly heartbreaking film, but this one from Bea Alonzo still make our hearts cry.
1. ‘”Wag mo ‘kong ma-Terry-Terry! – Maricel Soriano (Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin)
This timeless scene is definitely one of our favorites. “Are yu paking my hasban?”
What is your favorite movie line-slash-meme? Share with us in the comments section below!