These Places are Open
on Maundy Thursday
and Good Friday 2018!
By Kyzia Maramara
Most Filipinos are looking forward to the Holy Week because not only is it a week of holidays and spending time with the family, it’s also a time where they can express their faith by going on a Visita Iglesia or visiting churches, and various other practices. Although neck deep in religious activities, we still want to squeeze in a little vacation in the equation. For those who have a different plan for the Holy Week to come, here is a list of places open in the metro on Maundy Thursday and Good Friday.
In case you’re in the mood for some drinks with buddies on the weekend, after all, the metro would be partially empty, here are the places you can grab a glass of whatever you want.
- Cable Car, Tomas Morato, Makati, BGC, and Ortigas
- City Garden Grand Hotel Rooftop Bar, Makati
- Filling Station Bar, Makati
- Buddha Bar Manila, Makati (Closed on Friday)
- Draft Restaurant and Brewery, Alabang
- Black Olive, Pasig
- The Pigpen, Nuvali
For families or groups of friends who aren’t migrating to different provinces or going on a Visita Iglesia, eating out might be the next best thing. These are just some of the restaurants open on Thursday and Friday.
- 8 Cuts, Greenbelt 2 and Infinity Tower Suites
- Ooma, Edades Tower and Garden Villas, Rockwell
- Refinery, Joya Lofts and Towers, Rockwell
- Wildflour, Salcedo Village and Legazpi Village
- Gringo, Salcedo Village
- Buffalo Wild Wings, Uptown Place Mall
- Watami, Uptown Place Mall
- Denny’s, Uptown Parade and Venice Grand Cana;
- Manam, Net Park
- The Bowery, Burgos Circle
- Ooma, High Street Central
- TGI Fridays, High Street
- Gringo, The 30th
- Friuli Trattoria, Maginhawa St.
- Italianni’s, Eastwood Mall
- TGI Fridays, Hotel Rembrandt and Eastwood Citywalk
- Chili’s, Tomas Morato
- Samgyupsalamat, Banawe
- 8 Cuts, Alabang Town Center
- Chili’s, Alabang Town Center and Mall of Asia
- Bulgogi Brothers, Evia Lifestyle Center
- Manam, Mall of Asia
- Fish & Co, Mall of Asia
- Café Society, City of Dreams
- Finestra Italian Steakhouse, Solaire Resort & Casino
- Samgyupsalamat, Leon Guinto and Earnshaw
Find out more on this list.
For the gym-freak, or health conscious as they call it, there’s nothing that could stop them from going to the gym and working out. Although majority of gyms and studios are closed for the weekend, there are some you could hunt down.
4. Study Areas and Co-working Spaces
March is that stressful time where all school requirements seem to have the same deadlines. For those cramming their projects, or worse, their thesis, some study areas and co-working spaces are open in the metro. If you’re workaholic, you could also drop by for a visit.